Insitu Metallography - For Replication
Field metallographic procedures are performed “on location” or in the “field” on components that are too large to bring to the metallographic laboratory. Generally, these components are still being used in service or must be returned to service and cannot be destructively sectioned or physically altered. Field metallography is also called in situ metallography, and it is sometimes called nondestructive metallography.
Kemet Portable Grinder Polisher
- Belt-worn battery pack and motor controller to drive an NSK Evolution Power Polisher (ENK-250T)
- Separate battery pack and controller improves weight distribution
- Motor Speed 1000rpm - 25,000rpm, variable in steps
- Battery life 2 ½ - 5 hours constant use
- Visual LED bar-graph display of RPM, load indication and battery level
- Push buttons for increasing / decreasing RPM, an on/off button and a reverse button.
- Separate battery charger
- Supplied with 4:1 reduction gear and right angled hand-piece (IC-300)
- Brushless motor
- Utility belt to hold the controller, handpiece and other items.
- Product code: 339098
Product currently unavailable due to component part withdrawal. Please click here for alternative replication product.
The major application areas are power plants, petroleum and natural gas pipelines, and welding quality inspection for metal constructions…etc. In situ metallographic work must be performed on-site without damaging the components. This means that portable metallographic instruments for grinding, polishing, and etching procedures are required.
- The technique is portable and can be used on-site.
- In situ metallography can be used to monitor quality of purchased components.
- Replication techniques are nondestructive.
- Replicas are ideal for both flat and curved surfaces
- The techniques can be applied to a wide variety of materials.
- Special portable equipment is required.
- Contamination may be a problem in harsh or dusty environments.
- The technique only analyzes the microstructure of the surface of a material/component.
Consumables included with kit
|32mm rubber holders (Pk 3)||340724|
|32mm Abrasive Discs||Code|
|Grit 80 (Pk 100)||362441|
|Grit 120 (Pk 100)||362442|
|Grit 240 (Pk 100)||362443|
|Grit 400 (Pk 100)||362444|
|Grit 600 (Pk 100)||362445|
|Grit 1200 (Pk 100)||362472|
|HS Green (Pk 25)||340722|
|HS Blue (Pk 25)||340725|
|MBL (Pk 25)||341889|