Kemet are committed to manufacturing and supplying environmentally friendly products. The aim of Kemet's environmental policy is to prevent or reduce to an acceptable level any environmental harm. This includes
- Use of products from sustainable forests only
- Reduce waste production
- Reduce energy use
- Observe improvement notices
- Observe discharge consents and regulations (atmospheric or waste drainage)
- Control fumes, wastes etc produced by their actions
- Manufacturing environmentally friendly and biodegradable products
As a supplier of electrical handtools, Kemet is fully committed to WEEE legislation, more formally known as "Directive 2002/96/EC on the waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE)" which came into effect in the UK on 13 August 2005.
This directive deals with the treatment, recovery and recycling of waste electrical and electronic equipment. All electrical handtools sold after this date are marked with a crossed out wheelie bin.
Product Compliance Scheme
Kemet are also a member of the producer compliance scheme. Our Producer registration number is WEE/BH0044SY
Our 2010 WEEE producer compliance certificate
Take Back of WEEE
Kemet offer the facility to take back electrical handtools. The procedure is as follows:
- Contact Kemet ( email@example.com ) with the serial number and model of the electrical handtool
- After confirmation from Kemet, ship the electrical handtool to Kemet (Customers are responsible for shipping costs)
- Kemet will sort out and reuse any parts
- Kemet will bulk up the goods are arrange collection and recycling by SITA , a recycling company approved by the Environment Agency.
All electrical products sold by Kemet are supplied as RoHS compliant.